Hunting for Fun


Photograph by Sean Woods












I came home from work, tired and hungry. I dropped my stuff by the door and noticed an orange plastic egg on my TV stand.

I was pretty sure I hadn’t left that there, but I had left my son watching videos on the couch when I left for work that morning.

Turns out he had hidden 13 eggs for me to discover. Suddenly, I was laughing as an attempt to turn on a lamp dislodged another plastic egg. A game I had dismissed as being too juvenile for my teenage family members was now making my Monday.

I forget how important it is to play and have fun. When I was visiting some friends the other day, they asked me what I do when I’m not working. I struggled to think of something I do just because I enjoy it. When I do take the time to do something fun and relaxing, I have better energy and motivation to do the important stuff. Maybe the fun stuff is just as important. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement