My Heroes

Photo by Benjamin Suter on Unsplash

 










I’ve heard it said, “Never meet your heroes. You’re sure to be disappointed.”

I’m sure that’s a fair warning if your heroes are celebrities- actors, sports stars, or musicians. Given the percentage of people who are jerks in the world, a celebrity has as good a chance as any to be kind… or not.

My favorite heroes are unsung. Single parents who are making it work. Underappreciated service workers. Pastors and chaplains. People who get up every day with a smile on their face and brighten their world.

I’ve met some of these heroes. I’ve never been disappointed. The more I’ve learned about them, the more I’ve been humbled, amazed, blessed, and inspired.

If you’re worried about meeting your heroes, maybe it’s time to find someone else to look up to. As we know, not all heroes wear capes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement