Little Light


Photo by Michael Henry on Unsplash








The microwave beeped. The lights went out. All was silent. Another power outage.

I resigned myself to getting ready for work in the dark. A single flashlight provided just enough light to make sure my clothes matched and my hair was tamed.

At some point I wandered to the window in another room to observe the darkened neighborhood, eerie in the predawn gloom.

I realized I could see the furniture in the room, which should have been impossible with no electricity and no lights. The tiny flashlight from two rooms away was emitting enough light for me to see where I was going.

Sometimes we think our light isn’t very bright, that the good we do is unnoticed or inconsequential. In a dark world, every light is important; every light is seen. Keep shining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement