Seeking Retreat

 To Buy For A Yoga/Spa Retreat Trip - Once Upon A Postcard

I've been daydreaming about traveling somewhere exotic for a spiritual retreat, complete with waterfront yoga, hot stone spa treatments, and luxurious accommodations.

At the same time, I was dreading a weekend at home alone, with no plans until Sunday. I knew that if I really wanted to do something with someone, I just needed to take initiative, but I didn't have it in me. Sometimes the introvert within wins out. 

At some point, it occurred to me... I want 24 hours for a spiritual retreat, and I have the luxury of the house to myself for two days. Connecting with myself and God doesn't require a special environment (or a lot of money). It just requires quiet and disconnecting from the world. 

I didn't do the spiritual retreat (yet)- I want to plan ahead. I still listened to music, took a walk, shopped, wrote stuff, cleaned house, just like most Saturdays. Only my perspective has changed- I can connect with God while listening to music, walking in the woods, driving... I didn't need a special time or place. I just needed to make a place for Him in my day and in my heart. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement