Pathways

I was walking through Cobus Creek Park to get my miles in for a church group challenge, reminding myself to slow down and enjoy the journey. I was walking for distance, not speed. And since the full trail was only a couple miles long, I didn’t have to worry about getting “lost” (GPS on phone active, just in case).  

I realized that while I was meandering down wooded trails, some people walk to actually get somewhere. That would require knowing where you wanted to end up, and if the path you’re on would take you there.

According to Andy Stanley, life is a path. Some of us just wander, take the easiest path. Some of us know where we want to go, but we’re not on the right path to get there. Like considering weight loss while maneuvering through the buffet line. Some of us are on a path that leads nowhere, but either we’re in denial or just don’t care enough about ourselves to change direction.

I couldn’t navigate through the woods without the signs along the way that tell me where different trails are headed. I think in life, people are the signs. We’re not meant to navigate life alone. By ourselves, it’s hard to know where we should head and the best way to get there. When we rely on others’ wisdom and experience, we have a better chance.

Ultimately, there is One who has a destination designed for you. No matter where you’ve ended up, what paths you’ve chosen, He can show you the best path to get back on track if you trust in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement