Finding Bliss

You've heard "finding your bliss." Is it just a fancy way to talk about being happy?

And why do you have to find it? Did you lose it? Where do you look for it?

If you are blissfully unaware of your bliss, do you still have it?

The closest I've come to finding bliss was somewhere in the middle of something created from a cacao bean. I can't tell you the exact time or place, but I can tell you what it tasted like.

Seriously, I don't think your bliss is one thing, or necessarily tied to your work or family. Your bliss can be anything, it can change, and it can be fleeting. I guess you could lose it, but it's likely to show up in the least likely places.

I found a little bliss this evening. I've jumped on the bandwagon and gone low carb. But I've found any deprivation is outweighed by the joy of creating low carb versions of my favorite foods. I've always been more of a mad scientist than a chef in the kitchen. I made a chocolate mousse tonight, and it is wonderful. My husband is asleep and my son is at band rehearsal. It's all mine!

Don't belittle the potential of small things to brighten your day. Your bliss might be right there, waiting for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement