Don't be Stupid

We've all watched television shows and videos centered on people doing stupid things- bumbling criminals, disastrous home improvement projects, or people on wheels who try to defy physics. America's Funniest Home Videos has been running for 30 years!

In real life, I have a low tolerance for "stupid" people. Technically, people aren't stupid, they just say illogical or biased things or make poor decisions. "Stupid is as stupid does," according to Forrest Gump.

I was talking to God about this, because I've encountered well-meaning, God-serving individuals who, in my opinion, make poor choices or plans. It's not a matter of sin, just a lack of wisdom. I asked God, "How do you deal with these kinds of people?"

The answer I received was, "Same way I deal with you." I laughed, but ouch. I'm no better than anyone else. I have my own flaws, blind spots, and prejudices. Even if God has blessed me with intelligence, my ways, insights, choices, and plans are only perfect when they come from Him.

Really, that's the message of Forrest Gump. Those we deem "stupid" may actually be the wisest of us all. When we judge or dismiss a person, we may be missing out on knowing someone really special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement