Life

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” - Tony Robbins

When someone as beautiful, talented, and blessed as Natasha Richards passes on, we all pause. Our hearts break for young sons, a devoted husband, and other family and friends. We wonder what plans they had for after their ski trip, for next year, for the future. We wonder about the last mundane conversation with her husband was about before she fell.

It makes me wonder… if I died tomorrow… what would people remember about me? Have I made good with the gift of life given to me? Have I used the talents and knowledge developed in my lifetime for the best use? Have I, as Henry David Thoreau said, “...live[d] deep and suck[ed] out all the marrow of life… live[d] so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life… cut a broad swath and shave[d] close… drive[n] life into a corner, and reduce[d] it to its lowest terms...”?

Life is so precious, and yet so easy to take for granted. I’m sure I’m not the only person who has tried to wish it away, or claimed to hate life. The greatest men and women of history believed that they had been given life for a reason. They followed a calling, an inner passion, a drive, to live life beyond their own circumstances and desires. Whether they did it intentionally or not, they were able to look toward higher principles and the bigger picture than what existed in their own worlds.

What will you do with your life? What will you become? It doesn’t matter if you’re 12 or 82. God’s not finished with you until you take your last breath. And since we don’t know when that will be, we better get started!

Quotes source: http://www.thinkexist.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement