Let Fortune Smile

My fortune at the Chinese restaurant was “Sell your ideas they are totally acceptable.” Oh, and my lucky numbers are 10, 11, 25, 29, 32, and 47. Which is sad because my birthday is next week and none of those numbers is my birthdate or my age.

I was just thinking today that I need to be less attached to my ideas. I become my ideas, to the point that if you don’t like my idea, I take it personally. I know that’s not logical, it’s just the way I’ve always been. I got a piece I’d written sent back covered in “red ink” last week, and I was devastated. There was this voice in my head that said, “Toughen up. You’re never going to make it as a writer if you can’t take a little criticism.” Of course, that’s my fear- that I’m not good enough. But Chinese fortune says differently!

I have tons of ideas. So many that I’ve thought about hiring myself out as a board member to various organizations just to help them come up with new ideas. Now, I admit, I’m not the best person to see an idea through… unless it’s my passion. But if you just need a brainstorm, I’m your gal.

So, I want your opinion! If I have ideas that are salable, I don’t know which ones they are. Can you recognize a good idea? Check out my facebook page, my blogs, my old website. Comment if you want- even if it’s criticism. I can take it. No, really!

I’d also be interested in hearing from you- what would you do with a writer? Suppose you had access to my writing services for free for one project- what would it be? Memoirs? Resumé? Thesis? Children’s story? What are writers good for anyway?

Thanks for playing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

A Beautiful Life