Meant to be Messy


Photo by Wonderlane on Unsplash







I like it when everything is in its place and messes are mitigated. This weekend, though, was busy. The time I usually spend catching up on cleaning and chores was spent doing important things with important people. Now it’s Sunday night, and tomorrow morning the workweek begins, and I’m already feeling behind.

The fact that messiness is acceptable seems to be a theme today. We sang a song in church- “Maybe it’s okay if I’m not okay, ‘cause the One who holds the world is holding onto me.” I heard a story about how Jacob, the Hebrew patriarch, had a really messy life.

Life is never how we plan it. Sometimes that means wonderful surprises. Sometimes it means terrible disappointments. Somehow, understanding that perfection is not meant to be attainable in this world makes dealing with and cleaning up messes more palatable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement