Game On


Photo by Alex Lian on Unsplash










I’m a sucker for a good match-3 game. It started long ago with Candy Crush and even though the games change, the concept is the same. Match like colors according to the requirements and advance to the next level.

I’ve discovered that as I advance through the more difficult levels, I can get distracted by the amazing combinations I can make of four and five colors, hoping that by clearing large sections of the board, I’ll meet my goal. It doesn’t work that way. I have to be intentional and strategic in how I use my limited number of moves, or I’m stuck at the same level.

I think life is like that sometimes. We get caught up in the busywork, the day-to-day distractions, and before we know it, we’re in the same place we were a year ago. I listened to one of my favorite podcasters, Darren Marlar of Weird Darkness, talk about his five-year anniversary. What started as a hobby became one of Podcast Magazine’s top ten! He just kept taking it to the next level.

I hope that in five years, I can look back amazed at where I’ve come from, the “levels” I’ve beaten to get to where I am. Like the game, I have to learn from my mistakes and make intentional choices and keep moving forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

Acknowledgement