Joy in Opposition

Sometimes, I think I know how my life is supposed to go. I think of Micah 6:8, "And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Follow the rules, keep my nose clean, and God will bless me, right?

It's hard enough for me keep my commitments, be a good steward, and maintain good relationships with my family members, let alone anything else God might call me to.

According to Joyce Meyer, there's supposed to be more to it than that. God calls us to new challenges, new levels of growth on a regular basis. And every time He does, Satan comes right at us to put obstacles in our path.

So, if I'm coasting, I'm right where Satan wants me. I'm not a threat to His work. And that doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not saying bring it on. I just know I need to open myself up to what God is calling me to do in this New Year. And like the Jesus said in his Sermon on the Mount, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven... blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3,10). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

A Beautiful Life