I Did NOT Eat All the Cookies

I sent out a silent plea to my bathroom scale to read under a certain number (a lady never tells).  The scale laughed at me.  "Yeah, right," she said.  (Of course it's a she.  I'm in my bathroom!)  "Aren't you the same person who ate half a box of Thin Mints last night?" 

"So?"  I asked, indignant that she would even bring up such a thing.  What I consume in the privacy of my own bedroom is my own business.  I got on the scale any way, and lo and behold, it was five pounds over my requested number.

What really stinks is that I had set a goal at the beginning of the year to be at my ideal weight by my birthday next month.  Alas, I still have 10 pounds to go.  I think that's where I started in the first place.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised.  I was supposed to start running again at the first of the month.  I don't like running outside in the cold and I haven't saved up for a treadmill yet.  So, I exercised... once this month?  My eating habits are atrocious- eating sporadically, grabbing whatever convenience food is available, and missing most of the fruits & veggies.

I know what I need to do. I even know how to do it. I'm just not motivated to change my current habits. I'm going to have to, though. Not because I want to lose weight, but because I want to be a better role model for my kids. How can I tell them that cookies are not for breakfast when I eat them for dinner (in the privacy of my own bedroom)? How can I encourage them to drink milk when I'm reaching for a can of pop? How can I tell them to go outside and play when most of my free time is spent on the computer?


So, tomorrow, if it's not too cold or dark or wet... I will go for a run.  I will eat oatmeal for breakfast.  I will take it one day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

A Beautiful Life

The Pink Slip