Carrie’s Prayer

You’ve probably heard of The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Or perhaps you’ve heard St. Theresa’s prayer:

May today there be peace within.
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you.

Or maybe the Prayer of St. Francis:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

I’ve decided I need to create my own prayer that will remind me what is important:

God, help me to focus on You and Your Word.

Help me to lay down my fears and hopes

At the foot of the cross

And see them through Your eyes,

Within the framework of Your plan.

Help me to see beyond today’s frustrations

To see the hurts and needs of others.

And the good in every situation.

Help me open my eyes and ears

To the movement of Your Holy Spirit.

Let me be clay in the Master’s hands.

Here am I, send me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

A Beautiful Life

The Pink Slip