Two Roads Diverged

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both…

Robert Frost’s poem, “The Road Less Traveled,” is a beautifully poetic description of the decision-making process in life.  Every moment presents options, and every choice comes with a forfeiture of the options not taken. 

Some decisions have minimal consequences (do I iron my shirt or show up for work on time?) and others are more important (do I marry my high school sweetheart?).  Some decisions or predicaments can be avoided with proper planning or foresight (if I get up earlier, I can iron my clothes and get to work on time). 

Although I don’t agree with doing something different for the sake of change or uniqueness, it’s more rewarding to do what’s right for you, despite what anyone else says or does. 

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

When it comes down to it, we live with our decisions, and we have to move forward from where we are at to the next point of decision.  Living in the past will only keep us going in circles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

A Beautiful Life

The Pink Slip