50 Things Before I Die

I saw a movie today on the Lifetime channel because I was in one of THOSE kind of moods.  It was called “7 Things to Do Before I’m 30.” 

I started thinking.  What does my “bucket list” look like?  What kinds of things would I like to experience in my lifetime.  I came up with 50:

1. Be an extra in a film.

2. Swim with a dolphin.

3. Learn how to take a compliment.

4. Get to know my neighbors.

5. Learn not to say yes when I really mean no.

6. Write a fan letter to my all-time favorite hero or heroine.

7. Write the novel I know I have inside me.

8. Shower in a waterfall.

9. Teach someone illiterate to read.

10. See a lunar eclipse.

11. Write my will.

12. Spend a whole day reading a great novel.

13. Learn to juggle with three balls.

14. Overcome my fear of failure.

15. Spend time making my house into exactly what I want.

16. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring.

17. Accept myself for who I am.

18. Go up in a hot-air balloon.

19. Create my own web site.

20. Visit the Holy Land.

21. Create my Family Tree.

22  Run a mini-marathon.

23. Become a cartoon voice

24. Earn a living by writing.

25. Go dancing in the pouring rain

26. Develop a talent for photography.

27. Visit all 50 states.

28. Go to Disney World.

29. Become debt free.

30. Take a cruise.

31. Go on a long hike in the mountains, without getting lost.

32. Learn to take criticism gracefully.

33. Make sure I tell my friends and family how much I love them.

34. Learn to surf.

35. Learn how to deal with my "funks".

36. Own a Volkswagen Beetle.

37. Become a foster parent.

38. Sleep overnight on a train.

39. Fly in a helicopter.

40. See the Mayan or Aztec ruins.

41. Visit London.

42. Learn to cross country ski.

43. Eat chocolate in Europe.

44. Travel the Appalachian Trail.

45. Overcome fear of rejection.

46. Join a handbell choir.

47. Paint something nice enough to hang on my wall.

48. Learn to play guitar.

49. Take a romantic vacation on a tropical island.

50. Visit Australia.

So, who knows when I’ll have time to learn all these new skills and travel all over the world, but maybe, someday… well, all things are possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

A Beautiful Life