So Weird

Thanks to Chuck Shepherd and his website www.newsoftheweird.com for a lot of laughs today. This was my favorite story:

Kendrick Pitts, 20, and his brother Marquise, 19, were arrested in May in the ladies' room of a small office building in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where they were hiding in stalls after being chased by police investigating a stolen truck. Their ruse failed when they tried, using falsetto voices, to persuade the cops that the only people present were women. [South Florida Sun-Sentinel, 5-5-09]

Doesn't that sound like a scene out of a Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler movie? I can just see two gangly young man crouched on top of toilet seats, answering in squeaky voices, "No, officer, no one here but us girls. Heehee."

I found out today that I can't think and write. I tried to write one name on my white board at work and wrote down the name of the person I needed to call. I even typed a word I heard on the TV instead of the word I intended to write. Yet, sometimes I can't "think" of anything to write. How weird is that?

Even the spelling of weird is, well, weird. The rule is ""i" before "e," except after "c" or when sounded as "a" in neighbor and weigh." Yet, the word weird itself is an exception to the rule.

I want to be an exception to the rule. I'm not much of a rebel in the traditional sense, but I don't like to be one of the crowd either. I like to think outside the box. I like to find that idea that no one else could come up with. I like to stand up for what's right even when it's not popular. I like to take care of people in unique ways.

I hope I never end up as a headline on "News of the Weird." However, if you choose to think of me as odd or unusual, I won't mind. I am what I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

The Pink Slip

A Beautiful Life