Stabbed in the Back

Nothing is quite like finding out that another person has been saying things about you that not only are untrue, but are mean-spirited and may cost you your job.

I rarely cry. I guess I want to believe that most people are basically good, that they wouldn’t go out of their way to hurt another person. I don’t know if it was a lack of sleep, or other little stresses, but the thought of someone who can look me in the face one day and tell me how helpful I was to one of her friends, and the next day, throw me to the wolves… set me over. I couldn’t concentrate on work, and I started to feel nauseous.

I went to the bathroom, and the tears started to flow. I prayed for the strength to forgive, to resist giving this person the cold shoulder or telling others what a… kind of person she really is. I did some deep breathing.

I was able to tell my husband about it over lunch, which helped. I try not to let things like this affect me so strongly. My boss says I take things too personally. I can’t help it- and the rain and darkness just seems to match my mood.

I’ll get over it. I always do. And I’ll talk to my boss about it when she’s back in town. I just keep thinking… 275. And tomorrow I get to see my baby girl do her class project. I’m a fortunate person, to have so many good people around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Happiness

A Beautiful Life

The Pink Slip